Unexpected surprises are sometimes the best. Imagine my surprise to log into my blog and find out that I was nominated for The Liebster Award by CNA Finance. Being somewhat new to the blogging scene, I wasn’t really sure what it was all about. So I took a look at their post and found out that its a pretty ingenious way for bloggers to network with each other. For those of you who don’t know what its all about, here is the skinny:
The Rules To The Liebster…
- The Liebster can only be given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 Twitter followers.
- The Award must be passed down to other blogs in the same category.
- Once Nominated, you must post 11 random facts about yourself.
- After posting 11 random facts, answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Ask 11 questions about your nominees.
- Nominate 5 more finance blogs for the award, link to them, and let them know you’ve done so through a comment on one of their posts.
- Do not choose nominees that nominated you.
Random Facts About Me…
1. My most amazing vacation spot so far is Hawaii. I saw 5 of the islands, and they were all incredible.
2. I have traveled through several of the United States including: Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida, North Carolina, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Oregon, and Washington.
3. My favorite musical artist of all time is Enya. I absolutely hate rap music. (I can hear the boo and hiss from the reading crowd already. Lol)
4. I fell in love with my husband the first time our eyes met. (I was 20 years old.)
5. My favorite alcoholic beverage is Beringer White Zynfandel wine.
6. I have a serious sweet tooth and chocolate is my Kryptonite.
7. I secretly wish I would win the lottery but am not enough of a gambler to regularly buy tickets. (Money is too hard to come by as it is.)
8. I have danced in the rain.
9. My favorite movie is The 13th Warrior.
10. I am a dog lover but also have a soft spot for cats.
11. I also write under a different name.
Answers To Questions CNA Finance Asked
1. What is your favorite color? Blue and Red equally.
2. If you had 10 minutes of unlimited available funds, how would you spend those 10 minutes? To fund my families retirement and a hefty donation to the children’s hospital.
3. Do you have children? Yes, two.
4. How long have you been blogging? On and off for fourteen years.
5. Have you ever been sky diving? No but I have often wondered if I would be brave enough to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
6. Have you ever been to Oregon? Yes, I have relatives near the state line.
7. Would you rather go on a 6 mile hike or go to the movies? Movies, hands down! Hope something good is playing. 🙂
8. Do you play pool? Yes. I used to be quite good, but I am no Fast Eddy.
9. What is your favorite part of owning a finance based blog? Being honest with my readers about my successes and failures keeps me accountable.
10. What did you do the day you had the most fun you can remember in a long time? My husband and I were celebrating my birthday with a scenic drive, exploration of an old ghost town, a walk along the beach, and finally a nice steak dinner with wine.
11. Is this the first time you’ve heard of the Leibster Award? Yes!
Questions For My Nominees…
1. How did you get started writing your blog?
2. Do you have any other internet sites of interest?
3. Do you have a secondary career?
4. What is your dream job?
5. If you could make one monumental change in the world, what would it be?
6. If you could be granted any one wish, what would you wish for?
7. What are your hobbies?
8. Which season is your favorite and why?
9. Do you have pets?
10. If you travel to any part of the world, where would you like to go?
11. What is the one dream in your heart that you most want to come true?
My Nominees Are…
Grad Money Matters
Earth and Money
The Dividend Theory
Shares and Stock Markets